Early on Wednesday, reports emerged that Zimbabwe’s military seized power, stating that it was targeting “criminals” around President Robert Mugabe – the only ruler the country has known in its 37 years of independence. The reports came after witnesses disclosed … Read the rest
Since the independence forces obtained an absolute majority in seats in September 2015, but not in votes, in the Parliament … Read the rest
Maritime Security Review for the week of 6 – 12 November 2017. This issue includes:
- Monthly review of piracy and armed robbery against vessels (October 2017)
- Update on ports in Yemen and Libya – Aden is the only port currently open in Yemen; In Libya, Tobruk port has opened only for goods being imported directly into Tobruk and not beyond
Maritime Security Review for the week of 30 October – 5 November 2017. This issue includes:
- Saudi-led coalition has temporarily closed off all land, sea and air port access to Yemen.
- Niger Delta Avengers announce end of ceasefire.
- Migrant arrivals in Italy are declining